FRONT AND CENTER AT INVESCO!!!!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

hillaryHillary

she is speaking now -all seats have been blocked off, both the floor and upper seating for at least an hour. Can't get down , but have an in with a press room to see!
Let me clarify, press can go back and forth but no delegates

_____so where did we get to go to see speech? fellow delegate alternate mike davis, a commercial fisherman from Dillingham (Bristol Bay), and his wife, Pat, and I had been walking around with Salmon heads on our hats, getting the word out about sustainable fisheries and how important they are, as well as how keen obama is in actively supporting them and those of us who rely on them. we did many interviews (if anyone sees any, please let me know, as we couldn't keep track of them all)


most excitedly, we got a 15 minute interview on BBC World News live! then, when we got out, we found out we would have to watch on a t.v. in the hallway, so we hiked back to our BBC Friends and asked if we could stand in the back, promising we'd be quiet. they said yes! so we watched as ted koppel and the bbc t.v. crew reacted to the speech and then were asked to react ourselves! we got to meet ted koppel and what a day! it was great!


i then got to meet josiah outside and we went to a great afl-cio event at Coors field, what a beautiful park, and got a glimpse of the celebrity poker tourney going on there with ben affleck, matt damon, and others.

1 comment:

Stock Market Game said...

Liz,

My mother just forwarded this blog to me. I admire what you are doing and I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. Congratulations to both you and Josiah as well. I'll be in touch soon. Have an amazing journey and keep in touch!
Your soon to be sister,

Aimee